Monday, August 1, 2011

Wednesday April 27, 2011


The verdict is in, I am being released on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited. I have been working very hard for this. I had a difficult session with my social worker (wow that sounds weird my social worker LOL) about my discharge plan. 

I am about to be going into a completely different world than the one I left a few weeks ago. I haven’t taken a vacation or more than 3 consecutive work days in a row off in at least 6 years. During my recovery, aside from a couple of outpatient therapy sessions each week, I have nothing to do. Earlier today my plan was to push my way back to work as soon as possible, but after we talked I realized that my body has been trying to tell me that I need some rest. I realize that I could actually hinder my long term recovery by not learning how to pay attention to my body. I have never really listened very well, so they will be a getting to know you period with myself. I never paid attention to where my limits where. I usually push until I crash or get sick. Never knowing when it was too much until after I passed that line. That won’t work anymore. So I will be spending some time getting to know me. Hopefully with a little trial and error I will find my boundaries and learn to live within them. Or at least only push them occasionally. Well, need to take a quick nap! I will talk with you later about therapy…hint… they found a way to include Poker!

No comments:

Post a Comment