Monday, August 1, 2011

Anger Management


Hello friends,
I am so happy to be making progress every day. I went for my driver’s evaluation and passed! The instructor will be amending her report and recommending that I return to independent driving. Hopefully in the next week or so I will get the final okay from my doctor.
The medical equipment company finally called and said they have received the insurance approval. I was very excited until I asked when I could expect delivery. The woman tells me they will receive delivery from the manufacturer in 3-5 weeks. I nearly lost it! I told her that unless they were building this chair custom  to my specifications with 20 inch rims and a 8 speaker Bose stereo system, there is no way it should take that long. They promised to look into it and give me a call back. She better because I am working really hard to control my temper, I would hate to have her ruin it!!!
I was also able to go tubing as planned this weekend. I had a great time and I can’t wait to do it again. I look forward to this trip every year. Eventually I will have all of the things that I want for the trip LOL. I make a list each year of the things I want to have for the next trip, but without fail only remember the beer! Next year I swear it will be different. I will plan ahead and have everything ready! Actually if I can find away, I will go again before the summer ends. There is nothing more enjoyable or relaxing as lying in a tube eating, drinking and chatting with family and friends. These little moments make the rest of this worth it.
I value time doing the things that I enjoy with the people that I care about. I spent too much time focused on the wrong things. I never realized how out of whack my life really was. I thought about work constantly. More than just thought about it, I often worried about it. Worried had I taken care of everything. Worried if I should have done more. Worried if anyone thought I wasn’t fully competent in my role. My life revolved around going to work and going to the gym. Looking back it is easy to see how limited my perspective had become. I think I still give my work the 110% that I always have, but I leave that at the door. When I am at work that is my focus, but when I am at home that is my focus. It feels so much better this way. I know that I do my best every day and that is all that I can do. As long as I do the best that I can, I am content.
So here’s to contentment, love, friendship and peace. Thanks for listening. Talk to again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment