Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunday June 5, 2011


Hello friends,
I hear the weather has been beautiful over the last few days, but this heat has turned me into a virtual vampire. I have to wait until the sun goes down to go outside. It doesn’t take very long for the heat to takes its toll on me. As the weather gets warmer, it is getting more difficult to get exercise. I went for a walk this evening. As I walked, I thought about this journal. I am so amazed by how many people are interested in what I have to say.  What started out as a way to provide information to my friends and family has become a major part of my life. Honestly in the beginning there were just too may phones calls and messages for me to keep up with. The journal helped me talk to everyone all at once, but very quickly that all changed.
 The journal gave me an outlet to process all of the monumental and terrifying information that was coming my way. It helped me to work through all of the emotions that were coursing through me. So often I was trying to manage emotions that were in direct conflict with one another. The journal became my outlet. It allowed me to focus my attention and stay in the moment. The journal made me feel like I had a purpose and thereby control over the situation. It became my duty to fully understand everything I was being told and communicate it to everyone else. The journal took on a life of its own. People began to tell me that it has taken on value in their lives as well.
Maybe this journal is the reason for all of this. Maybe I need to tell people about my experiences, what I have learned and how it has changed me. This journal continues to grow and change for me and those who share it with me. So I will continue to write and see where this all goes. I never considered myself a writer or thought about writing a book. I mean, who has the time for such an undertaking? So much has changed. Now it seems like the next logical step. Who knows, maybe all these random thoughts will turn into something more concrete one day.  Just promise that you will all buy a copy so I can retire!
Thanks for listening. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment