Monday, August 1, 2011

Friday April 22, 2011 10:36pm


Long day, but very productive. I am very impressed by all of the tools that are available to me here. Mary Free Bed is an amazing facility that is doing incredible things. If you don't about this place I encourage you to take a moment and look at their website. The entire facility is designed to help me gain as much independence as possible. From learning how to adjust to my needs for dressing to doing my own shopping. It is amazing. I remain hopeful that I will regain my previous level of functioning, but if not I am convinced that my time here will continue to allow me to live as independently as before (if with a few adjustments).

This journey will be filled with ups and downs, good days and bad, but I am glad that I have this opportunity. I am seeing a completely different side of myself, my life, my career and my goals. You can't buy this kind of insight.

I have decided to get a dog. Many of you who know me well might shocked by this, but it has become almost an obsession. I can't wait! Pet therapy will be an interesting part of my recovery. I have been spending a lot of time researching breeds and looking at puppy pictures. I think many of you will be shocked by the type of dog that I have selected, so I  will keep it a surprise ;-) It really gives me something to look forward to and push me to get out of here as fast as I can. 

Well it's late and I have another long day of therapy tomorrow. I hope to post a few pictures of the therapy program! TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment