Monday, August 1, 2011

Friday April 29, 2011


GOOD MORNING!!!
Discharge day is finally here! I am so happy I don't know what to do with myself! This has been a strange and unexpected journey that has changed in ways that I never could have imagined. I even think I am a better person than I was before. I have learned to appreciate the things in life that really matter. Friends, family and love. In the end that is all that really means anything.  I hope that in sharing my experiences it gives you the push that you need to realign your priorities before life realigns them for you!
I am incredibly thankful for the amazing nurses, staff and physicians at St Mary’s Healthcare and Mary Free Bed for the wonderful care they provided! I knew you guys were good and you didn’t disappoint.
I will be taking the first step in setting limits for myself this weekend. I know many of you will be calling to check up on me, but please rest assured that I will be well taken care of. So, I will be turning my phone off to give myself a chance to rest and get acclimated to home and my new life. I will try to post a few updates, but no promises. I do plan to continue this page during outpatient therapy because so many people have expressed an interest in my ongoing recovery and frankly this site makes it so I do have to repeat the story a hundred times over!
I would like to request that you all also include, Scott, a man I met in therapy in your prayers as well. He has suffered a stroke and is working very hard to get back to his life as well. He too understands the things that he has missed in life and has been changed by his experience. Scott is working to get back out on his boat this summer and do some fishing!
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment