Monday, August 1, 2011

April 16, 2011

As many of you may already know, I have recently had some significant medical issues. I was admitted to the hospital on April 7th with some very strange symptoms. The doctors initially thought that I had suffered a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) which is sometimes described as a “mini-stroke”. With this condition, while quite scary, all of the symptoms usually fully resolve after a day or two. Even though my balance was still quite impaired and I required use of a walker, I was allow to go home to the care of my family after 4 days in the hospital.

Well... my symptoms did not go away and after being discharged home, some symptoms worsened and new even more distressing symptoms appeared. I was readmitted to the hospital after only 6 days at home. I have had several neurology evaluations and the doctors feel that my history, symptoms and current presentation are most consistent with a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. While further testing is required for a definitive diagnosis, the treatment regimen for this disorder was started and I am experiencing rapid improvement of many of my symptoms.  I am expected to make a full recovery from this current "flare up". Next the work of developing a successful plan for long term care and management of my condition will begin.

As my partner and I begin this new journey I want to take moment  (in case I forget to do so later ;-) ) to thank so many of you for your visits, cards, emails, text messages, phone calls,  Facebook posts and messages. I sincerely appreciate and am thankful for your well wishes, thoughts and prayers.
AND SO AS THE JORNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP… I THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME THROUGH MY FIRST STEPS.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE UPDATES ON MY CONDITION :-) !

No comments:

Post a Comment