Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Some much to do, so little time

Hello friends,

I have really missed talking to you. Since we last spoke, both of the new medications were approved. I have already started the Ampyra to help improve my ability to walk independently. So far, so good. I don't know if it is the medication, but I am finally able to walk without any devices! It is incredibly tiring, but it feels amazing to be able to walk on my own. I have been having a lot of pain and muscle cramps as my legs get used to walking again, but I finally feel normal again. I my have once again pushed things a little too far this weekend though.

I have scheduled to begin the Gilenya on October 31st. Now that it is close to becoming a reality, I have to say that I am a little worried. I know that the risk of cardiac complications is very low, but my luck has not been the best lately. My family has a long history of cardiac issues. Both my grandparents died from heart disease. I hate to take chances with my heart under the circumstances. So if you remember please say a little prayer for me.

My class has been going very well. Last week my students turned in their first paper. Reading and grading papers is far more difficult than I ever expected. I wish I had time to talk more, but there is so much for me to do I will have to chat with you later. Thanks for listening. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. even when we're quiet (or too far away) we're here. every little update helps. ;) keep on keepin on sis.

    ReplyDelete